Monday, May 26, 2008

Only if the Spammers knew…

Just wanted to add... that only if the great Spammers of world knew (precisely) where their target audiences exist, then it would have been easier for millions of people out there to go through their daily mail checking ordeal…

Staying in India, I and many other people I know have to deal with hundreds of spam mails everyday and the sad part is that almost all of the spam seems to originate and is also intended for our brothers & sisters from the western parts of world…

I get spam regarding ‘100s of Dollars in Savings’, ‘Improving my Credit Scores’, ‘Free Federal Grants’ and only god knows what else, but I have no real use for any of them... You know, I would love to save 100’s of dollars on shopping, but the truth is that I can’t, even if I want to :(

I also think that nobody, from anywhere in the world, would have actually ever benefited from Spam (other than the spammers, I meant)… but that’s not what I am here to comment on… Spam is bad, why people do it etc. enough has already been said about that.

What I just want to add is that somebody (probably a spammer, they are supposedly technical geniuses) should come up with some sort of technique where they can figure out which geographical location does an email address belong to and if the “Special $100 Coupon” is not applicable to people from that location then do not send them that special offer...

This will not bring an end to Spam, but certainly has the potential to drastically reduce the volume of spam for some of us. And, the spammers get a niche audience :)

Can be done, should be done... Just hoping that someone is already working on it… or gets inspired reading this...

Imagine… a spam free world (for some of us)
I wonder if you can…

You may say that I'm a dreamer…
But I'm not the only one… :)


No comments: